Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Greetings from the couch...
When I clocked out of my 12 hour shift this morning, I didn't know it, but it was my last night to work for 12 weeks. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:30 and the ultrasound showed the lowest AFI so far- 5.1. Ethan's growth is still good-ahead actually, he weighs 7 pounds 7 oz, plus or minus 20%. The non-stress test was reactive as well, which was another positive sign. But the doctor feels like the consistent low AFI readings are reason enough to stop working and most likely get Ethan delivered sometime next week. My cervix was not dilated at all unfortunately, so I may have to go in for an overnight induction. I go back on Thursday morning for another NST, and she will most likely set a date for induction then. I will be 37 weeks on Monday, which is considered "full-term" but still a full 2 weeks earlier than I had Ayden, so I am a little concerned. I am going to try my best not to worry though, as I know many, many cases of 37 week babies who do just fine. It's all in God's hands and at this point I just want what is best for my precious baby boy. The reality that I am going to be a mommy of 2 in a week or so has not set in...I think possibly because I am sleep deprived today and just haven't had time really think about it! But I am really excited and ready to meet him! So, until then, it's resting on the couch with a bottle of water at my side at all times! Chris' boss in his new job is being super supportive, and told Chris "family comes first" and that he can work from home all week. Thank goodness! I have a few last minute nesting tasks for him! Time to install the carseat and pack our bags! Please keep us in your prayers and I will update everyone on Thursday as soon as we know more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment