Thursday, July 29, 2010

Little change in plans...

Well I hoped to be posting 4D ultrasound pics today, but instead I have other news. The u/s tech was unable to get any good pictures of Ethan because my amniotic fluid level was too low. She immediately informed the doctor, who ordered further testing of his size, umbilical cord blood flow, and a non-stress test. The good news is all of these things checked out great: His weight is approx. 4 pounds 14 oz, the blood flow from the placenta was good, and he passed his non-stress test with flying colors. However, the doctor was still quite concerned with such a low fluid level, so he (my regular dr. is out of town) has put me on bedrest until Monday. My only job is to rest and drink lots and lots of water or gatorade. On Monday he will see me again and do a repeat u/s. If my fluid level is back to normal, I will be able to return to work Monday night and reschedule my 4D ultrasound. If not, they will take further measures to find out what's going on. So I am not working tonight, nor are we traveling to Mena this weekend as planned. I am trying to stay positive and be thankful that overall Ethan looks very healthy, but of course I am still scared. Please remember us in your prayers! In the meantime, I will be hanging out on the couch with all the water I can handle!

No comments: