Thursday, June 11, 2009

Binky-free for 24 hours!

Yea! We have made it (almost) 24 hours! It was a rough night! Ayden fell asleep relatively easily but woke up at 3:45 am SCREAMING for his "bunk" He screamed until he was just wide awake with no intention of going back to sleep without his binky. I ended up just getting up and taking him in the living room. We rocked, watched cartoons, played, and read books until about 5:30 and I just couldn't stay up anymore...we went back to bed and Ayden screamed non-stop for another 30 minutes or so before finally passing out and sleeping until 8:30. Whew. One night down! I guess it could have been worse! It reminded me of his newborn days and of how much I love my sleep! Maybe waiting another year to have another baby won't be as hard as I thought! :)

He went to his last day of Mom's Day Out today, and I warned his teachers that we'd had a rough night and that I did not send his binky for naptime. I'm sure they wanted to slap me, lol. When I picked him up, they said he had "a little trouble" going to sleep but finally did and slept for 1.5 hours. The next challenge? The car ride. He screamed the entire 15 minute drive home!! I think the worst part is he is too young to understand why we are doing this. But it's for his own good...I just keep telling myself that! :)

Here are a couple pics of a binky-free Ayden!!


Sleeping without his bunk for the 1st time ever!
Such a big boy!



No comments: