Monday, December 31, 2007

Farewell 2007...

I just wanted to take a moment and discuss what a wonderful and blessed year 2007 has been for us and the things I am most thankful for. Ayden coming into our family was by far the most amazing part of the year! We were so fortunate that I had a healthy and uncomplicated pregnancy and birth and that Ayden is such a healthy baby. I know all too well from my work as a labor and delivery nurse that many families are not so fortunate. He is truly a blessing from God.

I am also very grateful that I have been able to stay home with Ayden thus far. Chris has been very supportive of this. He works long hours 5-6 days a week, goes to grad school 4 hours a week, and still makes time to be wonderful daddy and husband. Being a mommy is the most rewarding job I have ever had. I truly treasure every moment I have with Ayden, and I will miss him dearly when I eventually return to work. Chris and I are very blessed to have such loving and supportive families and friends who love Ayden so much and we appreciate them very much! We are looking forward to watching Ayden continue to grow and sharing new experiences with him.

Chris and I will also be busy working on our New Years resolution of losing weight! Two years ago we made the same resolution and acutally stuck to it for almost an entire year! Chris lost 80 lbs, I lost 65. Then we went on our cruise and ate our weight in food :), this was quickly followed by the holidays, and then I got pregnant. So we are going to try this again! We even got an elliptical machine to aid us in our efforts! Anyway, we hope all of our families and friends have a blessed and Happy New Year!!