-Saying several words ( I know I won't remember them all) His newest words are : banana, hi, cracker (kack-er), cookie (coo-coo), balloon (ba-boon), bubble. Da-Da is definetely his favorite and most often-used word, with cracker and cookie coming in at a close 2nd :) He jabbers in Ethan language all the time, using different inflections. He knows exactly what he's saying!
-He can make several animal sounds (cow, duck, dog) and is pointing to body parts when asked.
-His laugh is hilarious-its an all out cackle! He will even lean forward and hold his belly when he laughs, making it a full performance! He knows he is funny too! :)
-When he hears the garage door open every night, he stops whatever he is doing and darts for the back door hollering over and over "da-da, da-da, da-da!" and runs with his arms up to his daddy to pick him up. Melts my heart!!! (And Chris' too!)
-Has developed some serious stranger anxiety/clinging to mommy and daddy syndrome! Also, even with non-strangers, such as his MDO teachers, he cries when we leave. I know it's normal, but I am not a fan of this stage! He is only weary of others outside of our house. But if someone comes here, he runs to them with open arms!
-He loves coloring and scribbling with a crayon
-Absolutely loves watching Yo Gabba Gabba, and screams if you dare turn anything else on for him. He doesn't watch much TV, but if he does, it has to be Gabba! This is usually how I manage to get dinner cooked or take a shower :)
-Still loves going night-night and goes to bed without a bit of a fuss. Still does not sleep through the night, usually waking between 12-2. He is up for the day by 7, and takes one nap after lunch.
-Loves playing outside and has a fit if brother goes out and he doesn't get to!
-Has full blown toddler temper tantrums at least a couple times a day!
-Loves going bye bye and does okay in the car as long as Yo Gabba Gabba is on. Ayden is not thrilled about the loss of variety what they watch in the car!
-Will only drink milk from bottle. If you put milk in a cup, he throws it back at you. He loves ice water in his cup, or diluted juice. Apparently he thinks milk is for bottles only. This will be interesting when I eventually decide to wean him...which I have decided is not a battle I'm willing to fight yet. He likes his bottle, he only takes 1 at bedtime and 1 during the night, and he never takes it into the bed with him, plus we brush his teeth twice a day. So I've decided its fine! I probably won't mention it to his old-school, conservative pediatrician at his 18 month check up though ;-) Mommy knows best, right!?
This is all the time I have to blog--I don't do much sitting down these days-18 month- olds are BUSY!!
Happy 18 months to our precious Ethan! I can't believe I'm already thinking about your 2nd birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment