I just read THIS BLOG POST on one of my favorite blogs, It's Almost Naptime, and wanted to share it on my blog as well. I have been watching coverage on the worsening famine and drought in Africa on the Today show every morning, and I sob while seeing images of sick, starving, and dying children as I watch my healthy, nourished, thriving children play happily at my feet. I thank God everyday that I was born in this country and don't have to think twice about where or how I will get food for my children. I am ashamed to say though, that while I do cry and pray for those children, I haven't done anything else to help. I may not be able to jump on the next plane to Africa to help, but I can donate money. We are not wealthy, but the $50 we casually spend on a meal at a restaurant could help feed many starving children. I know I can't save the world, but I am going to make an effort to start donating money to this cause. We can eat one less time a month, or cut back on a handful of other things we spend money on without thinking first. I just wanted to share this decision and encourage you to do the same. The blog post has a link to another blog with several links of places you can donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment