Thursday, June 30, 2011

Goodbye, Papa

Today, just short of 7 months since attending my Grandpa's funeral, we watched my Papa as he was laid to rest. Although the pain of losing 2 grandfathers in such a short amount of time has been overwhelming, I am thankful that he left this earth in such a peaceful and painless manner. He simply leaned back in his recliner for an afternoon nap and fell asleep forever. He was 91 years old and led a heroic and noble life, fought on the front lines of WWII and received several medals, and much like my other grandfather, loved his grandchildren. I am so blessed to have pictures of him holding both my boys. I find peace imagining him and Grandpa together in heaven, fishing on a big lake :) My heart goes out to my parents, who have now both lost their earthly fathers, and my grandmothers who are widows that have to find a way to live without their husbands. I pray for peace for them. Farewell, Papa, I loved you very much and will miss you.


















No comments: