Saturday, November 6, 2010

2 months old!

Toys for Ethan, courtesy of Ayden :)


Our sweet baby boy is 2 months old today!! He is getting so big and changing so much everyday. Just in the last few days he has started developing a little bit of a routine and staying awake a lot more during the day. The last month he has been having issues with being gassy and fussy but it seems to be getting better (knock on wood!). He spends a lot of time in the Moby Wrap, whether we are on the go, or just around the house. He falls asleep and will sleep very soundly 2-3 hours in the wrap! It has been a lifesaver--the combination of his fussy periods and of having an older child who needs momma's hands to be free--the wrap has been perfect! (Thanks, Melissa, for loaning it to me!)

Ethan nurses about 8 times during the day and takes a couple of supplementary bottles, and nurses 2-4 times at night (although a couple of those are extended sleep/nurse sessions because he sleeps in the bed with me). If I didn't have to return to work at night in 3 weeks, I would be beyond thrilled with his nighttime routine. I get 5-6 hour stretches of sleep and he is finally big enough that he can nurse while laying down so I can continue to doze--so all would be good if I didn't have to worry about how on earth his daddy will get him to sleep when I go to work for 12 hours! He will take a bottle with no fuss, but WILL NOT go to sleep without nursing. He also currently refuses his binky, but we are being persistent on him taking it because I think it will help greatly on those nights when I'm working. Ayden was about 4 or 5 months old before he would take a binky, so I am holding out hope :) I am requesting to go to dayshift on the weekends so hopefully Chris won't have too many sleepless nights before this happens! :) Ethan will nap for short periods in the swing or bouncy seat, but will not sleep on his back in a crib for more than 15 minutes. Ayden was the exact same way until he was probably 6 months old! He finally enjoys bathtime; he HATES being put in the carseat (just like Ayden did) but once he falls asleep will usually stay that way for 1-2 hours.

Ethan is starting to smile and coo some, it is so sweet! He saves his biggest, flashiest grins for his daddy when he gets home from work. I am only slightly jealous ;) He also loves to hang out on the floor, propped up on his boppy pillow while his older brother entertains him. Ayden LOVES floor time with Ethan, it is so sweet! Yesterday he kept Ethan entertained for almost 2 hours! (See Brothers post below). I love watching them interact and get very excited thinking about the day when they really can "play" together!

Ethan's 2 month check-up is Tuesday, stand-by for his stats!

Happy 2 month birthday Ethan Jeffrey! We all love you very much!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I'm missing them so much my heart is hurting!! :(