Monday, September 13, 2010

Ethan's First Week!

Well, I can't believe that today marks one week since Ethan came into this world! The past week has flown by and quite frankly been a bit of a blur! I have taken lots of pics I want to share and also update on how things are going. I have been feeling pretty good, aside from some pretty serious sleep deprivation! Ethan nurses every hour to hour and half around-the-clock. He is a great breastfeeder, and my milk supply is so much better this time and I am so super grateful for that! He is such a sweet, cuddly little baby! I just love him so much!

Ayden's adjustment to Ethan has been, for the most part, smooth sailing. He has had no blatant signs of jealousy or resentment, in fact he just seems to adore his baby brother! His first couple of days home we had "big brother time" several times a day where he got to sit in the rocker and hold the baby for a little while (supervised of course!) But then around Thursday he came down with a cough and snotty nose and we haven't let him touch the baby since! I feel so bad because he just loves him so much and wants to hug and kiss him...but the snot dripping out of his nose and hacking cough pretty much rules those things out! He is having some behavior issues (screaming NO, not following directions, throwing toys) at MDO that we all feel sure are related to the big life change. He is acting out at home too, but again, never in direct response to Ethan, although we know it's related. We have started being more strict with him and having a "zero-tolerance" policy for disobeying and telling us No, and we seem to be making some improvement! We're hoping for a better report card from MDO this week!

The biggest change in Ayden that we still cannot believe is that he is sleeping in his own bed! We started trying to get him to do this several months back with absolutely NO luck, so we finally decided to just let it be and hope it would work itself out...and it did! The night we went into the hospital to be induced, Ayden decided on his own to sleep in his bed. And he has ever since! He asks us to check for monsters and leave his closet light on, but otherwise goes to bed around 9pm every night and sleeps all night in his room! Chris and I have had a harder time adjusting than he has! In fact, our first night home from the hospital, we stood together in his doorway watching him sleep...I was crying over how grown-up he was, and Chris was debating on whether or not to just scoop him up and go put him in our bed! We are so proud of what a big boy he is but it just kina snuck up on us!!

Anyway, I can't believe how different life already is with 2 kids in the house. I have been so lucky to have help every minute since we've been home...Chris was with me all last week, Mom is with me this week, and Chris will be with me again next week. So the actual reality of it all won't hit for a couple more weeks when I am ALONE! Here are some pics from our first week home!


Snuggles before leaving the hospital





Proud Memaw!
buckled up and ready to go!


Home sweet home!
Sweet big brother!


Testing out the swing

I just had to include this one!!
























Ethan's 1st bath!













He loved having his hair washed!














1st trip to the pediatrician!














Already tired of the camera!






























wide awake after his bath




























A week old today! Snuggles with Memaw


















































































No comments: