Another month has flown by! Today was my monthly prenatal check-up! Ethan was VERY active, the Dr. was amazed that she could see his acrobatics through my belly this soon in the pregnancy! She said he was either big or just very strong! She said he looked like a 30 week baby jumping around in there, lol. His heartrate was 140's-150's and I am measuring exactly 24 weeks. My blood pressure was 111/60 and I gained...7 pounds this month. That makes a total of 11 pounds for the pregnancy. (I only gained 13 total with Ayden). Of course overall that's not a lot of weight but it is a lot for one month. At this point in the pregnancy, 2-3 pounds a month is is the expected weight gain. She just told me to "be careful" so I don't have a lot of post-baby weight to lose, she has a 7 month old and totally understands how hard it is to lose! I am not even going to lie and say I don't know how it happened, I eat 10 times a day! I still eat small portions, but it seems like as soon as my stomach empties, I am starving again! So this equates to eating every couple of hours. And, I am no longer having any nausea whatsoever....just hunger and strong cravings :) And, at work I eat frequently to help me stay awake. So I have a few areas to work on...and I need to make better choices and quit using the "I'm pregnant and craving it so I can have it" excuse. I am really hoping the intense hunger is a side-effect of pregnancy and my appetite will shrink back to how it was pre-pregnancy after he is born! I worked way too hard to lose 102 pounds to gain half of it back being preggers!
Overall I am still feeling great, although my growing uterus is giving me some pretty intense round ligament pain at times, especially during a 12 hour shift! I also have reached the point where turning over and getting up out of bed is starting to take more effort! And I have to pee every 1-2 hours, even at night! But all such small prices to pay for another precious angel!
So that's the monthly update. I have my glucose test in 3 weeks and another check-up in 4 weeks, then I'll start going every 2 weeks! We're getting closer!!
New pics of my ever-enlarging belly and the nursery coming soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment