I have found a new blog, linked by my blog buddies Jessica and Lindsay, called "It's Almost Naptime". I could read this woman's blog all day long, or all night as I have been tonight at work :) She is insightful and refreshing and humorous all at once, pretty much everything you want and need from a good blog writer! I recommend reading through all her posts if you have the time, but here is one in particular that I wanted to link. She is giving advice about going from one child to two, something I am VERY interested in! She gives some great tips that I plan to use come September! Her comment about the importance of a 26 minute nap had me rolling with laughter! Here's the link to this post, enjoy!
http://itsalmostnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/02/questions-from-audience-going-from-one.html#links
1 comment:
As a new mother of two, I can whole-heartedly verify all of those things are in practice at my house :o) We did the gift thing with Lily Kate (we gave her a gift from Isabelle, and she picked one out for Isabelle that she brought with her when she came to meet her). I also did not hold Isabelle when Lily Kate first came in. Then she sat on the bed, and we held her together. Meltdowns still occur on a pretty regular basis at our house, then again, it's only been 5 months ;) They usually occur when it is time for Isabelle to nurse. Reading or watching TV next to me while I nurse does not work for us. Lily Kate wants to be on the boppy just like Isabelle, which doesn't quite work with a 4 year old and a 5 month old ;) Keep snacks and drinks easily accessible to Ayden in case you are tied up (then again, making him wait for these non-urgent things teaches patience!) And, I would say that just this past month I have become as completely in love with Isabelle as I am with Lily Kate. It takes that long to get to know them ;) It will all be worth it!!
Post a Comment