Our 27 month old little man has recently acquired a new interest...and I wasn't so sure I wanted to blog about it but it has just gotten so funny and embarrassing all at once that I just feel the need to share. The interest? Women's breasts, or "boobies" as he so bluntly calls them :) He has known what they are and what they are called for a long time now (he did after all have a 7 month relationship with mine :) but lately he feels the need to point them out every chance he gets...and not just mine--complete strangers as well, including manequins in stores. This past Sunday we were invited over for lunch to the home of one of Chris' co-workers, and less than an hour into our visit Ayden had already grabbed his wife's breasts and proclaimed "boobies!"
Then today, we were in the women's underwear section at Walmart and while I was looking for my size in some thick slipper socks, Ayden became obsessed with the rack of bras right beside us and the models on the pictures. He started very loudly saying "naked! boobies! naked! boobies!" OVER and OVER and OVER. To make matters worse, a woman walking by stopped to marvel at how cute he was and to hear what he was saying...that is until she realized what he was saying and just politely smiled and said, "well thats a man for you!" Then as we were leaving the underwear department Ayden became very upset yelling "I want naked! I want naked!" again...OVER and OVER and OVER. I didn't know whether to laugh or to hide. The truth is, it's all completely innocent and really very hilarious, no matter how male stereo-typical it is-- but my question to any fellow mother of boys is, How would you handle this situation? I don't want to teach him that there is any shame in any body part, but the grabbing of aquaintances breasts and screaming "naked boobies" in Walmart seems a little too extreme. So, when you are finished laughing....advice please?
1 comment:
Atta boy! But watch it, they bite! Tell him that...maybe it'll scare him. Besides, it's TRUE!
Post a Comment