After a 14 hour overnight drive, we finally arrived in Destin today around 1 pm. Chris drove the whole trip, and Kyle, Jenny, and I all stayed awake all night with him. Ayden did absolutely fantastic, he slept 95% of the trip and only cried for about the last 30 minutes (which we were all ready to cry at that point!). The weather is less than perfect as you all know, thanks to good ole' hurricane Faye, but we have only seen a few light showers and overcast skies. The ocean breeze is wonderful and we really are enjoying ourselves despite the lack of sunshine! Our beach house is AMAZING, we will be living in luxury for the next 7 days, and thanks to the off-season rates, it's actually affordable! Chris and I have a master suite with a balcony, walk-in shower and whirlpool tub. We are just a short 30 yard walk from the white sand beaches. We took Ayden down the ocean as soon as we got unpacked and showered, and it was so much fun! He took right up to walking in the sand and we found ourselves chasing him all over the beach! At this point I have now been up almost 36 hours and I am beginning to see double :) I just wanted to share a few pics and let everyone know we made it safely!! I am also uploading a slideshow of Ayden's birthday pics for those of you who couldn't make it, so standby for that!!



1 comment:
I am so glad you guys made it there safe - I was wandering if the storm was affecting your weather (couldn't remember what part of Florida you were going to). Hopefully it will all blow over soon, and you will get a few days of sunshine. The beach house is too too cute!
Post a Comment